Home Mechanics Training
DUE TO COVID WE WILL NOT BE RUNNING THESE COURSES UNTIL RESTRICTIONS ARE FULLY LIFTED
We now offer three levels of training courses in bicycle mechanics in the comfort of your own home.
Foundation Course – half day
If you Want to know how to set up your bike correctly for safer riding then this is the course for you.
In summary you will learn:-
- Name that part – Learn the correct names for the parts of a bike
- Remove and replace your wheels correctly
- Remove and replace tyres without causing a puncture
- Basic wheel truing – essential for better braking
- How to tell if your brake blocks need replacing – Learn how to replace your brake blocks & brake adjustment
- Set up your gears and if they won’t set up – learn why
- Wash and Lubricate routine
- Information on tools
Intensive Course – full day
Session as Foundation course above, but spend a day to know your way around the bike (can be done as two separate ½ day modules). Intended for anyone keen on wanting to learn more than basic repairs / maintenance.
In this session you will learn how to undertake:
- Brake adjustment – for powerful, silent stopping & replace disc pads (disc brakes)
- Adjusting hub bearings – for maximum life and smooth running
- When and why does a chain need changing – How to break and rejoin a chain correctly
- Bottom bracket and headset adjustment
- Recommendations for routine bicycle servicing & On ride repairs
- wider maintenance and cycling issues – plus whatever comes up on the day over a brew!
Bespoke Course – On Request
Cycle Tech Hertfordshire can tailor a course to your needs.
We can also offer a course in home cycle maintenance for MTB’S covering common problems found from the riding conditions of MTB’S. To include Foundation course in home cycle maintenance plus removing, cleaning and re-greasing headsets & bottom brackets and the specific tools you will need.
You can even build your new bicycle as part of the course. (Your new bicycle brought on-line in a box.) You can now build yourself with guidance.
Service your own bike under our trained mechanics guidance.